In Billings Montana the housing market is always pretty steady. A small slip up when trying to sell your home can cause a buyer to lose interest in the home.
I have researched and indentified what I believe to be the top home-selling mistakes. If you’re selling a home in Billings Montana or plan to soon, take a look at the list below and make sure you’re not guilty of one or all of them. I know I have been guilty of most of them.
- Waiting until winter to sell your home. Most people don’t want to have the hassle of moving into a new house in the winter. Who wants to lug a couch up some snowy slippery stairs?
- Not understanding the real estate contract. Make sure that you go over the fine print of your contract with a real estate agent or someone who knows what they are talking about.
- Going it alone without doing research. Selling a home for-sale-by-owner can be a struggle. You never know what to list it at. You need to run the right comparable sales to make sure what price people are buying homes at. It does not matter what you think your house is worth it’s what a willing and able buyer will pay for it.
- Throwing Lowball offers in the trash. If buyers submit low offer, don’t reject it completely. A lot of times they will pay more but are just testing the water. If they show stats to back their offer then they might not want to negotiate but everything is negotiable.
- Not marketing correctly. When marketing your property if you want to sell it you have to be a marketing terrorist. Get the word out everywhere that you have a property for sale. Plaster signs everywhere around your neighborhood. And make your ads stand out and make your signs stand out. You will get a call from the code enforcement in Billings Montana but I have never heard of anyone getting fined for signs.
- Showing the property. If you want to sell it take away all your personal property. Buyers don’t want to see family pictures. Also make sure you remove all of the clutter around.
- Wasting time with buyers who have no interest. Make sure your buyers are pre-qualified if going with financing or have cash to close. And wasting time with people who have no business looking for homes, because of their credit issues.
- . Being un-prepared. You need to know what else is on the market and get a sense of what the competition has to offer. Every Sunday in Billings Montana there are tons of open houses. Go to the open houses and list what you found appealing about the house and what you found unappealing.
- Overpricing. You home should be priced in line with homes in the area that are the same or around the same number of beds, bath, sq ft, and style of home.
10. Not having a sizzle factor. You need to have something that makes your home stand out from other homes. The sizzle factor gets potential buyers emotionally hooked to your property. Sizzle factors can include things such as an over head microwave, hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, unique layout, washer dryer (new ones), or just something that adds value.
Tags: Big Sky Property Solutions LLC, Billings Home Selling, Billings Montana, Billings Mt Real estate, Code Enforcement, Comparable Sales, Couch, Doing Research, Hassle, Home Seller mistakes in Billings, Home Sellers, Houses forsale Billings mt, Housing Market, How to sell home Billings, How to sell house Billings, Neighborhood, People, Plaster, Property For Sale, Real Estate Agent, Real Estate Contract, Sell Home Billings Mt, Sell home fast Billings, Sell My House Billings, Sell Property Billings Mt, Selling A Home, Signs, Sizzle Factor Billings Mt, Slippery Stairs, Stagging Home Billings Mt, Stop Foreclosure Billings Mt, Struggle, tips on selling home in Billings Mt, Trash